Thursday, April 21, 2011

Exchanging Excuses

Yesterday, I received a (very) late birthday present from my cousins that I liked, but would never use.

I received:

Vera Bradley "Caitlyn" in Baroque

Don't get me wrong, its an adorable bag... for a toddler.  It's not the style I do not like, its the size.  It is only 7 inches by 4 inches.

I have never been in the position to return or exchange a gift except if I was getting a different size in clothing, and I feel very guilty for exchanging my gift.

New Bag (Exchanged):

Vera Bradley "Tote" in Baroque

I really liked the pattern, so I did not change it, but I do not have any ideas on what to tell my cousin who took a long time to pick it out.  (The only reason I know this is because my mom was talking to my aunt who said that they exchanged what they got me before to get me the "Caitlyn" instead.)  So I feel guilty.  Very guilty.

Now I am  in between a rock and a hard place because I am not sure if I should tell her that I exchanged her gift.  Final Decision:  I am going to call to thank them for the nice gift, and if I deem necessary, I will simply say that I have two smaller bags already, and I was in need of a tote.

Hopefully she does not get upset (as she is known to cry easily) and will understand my exchanging excuse.  Hopefully.

<3 Michelle

1 comment:

  1. now you and lo can match! :) and sorry i wasn't following you for a while... i think i was following your old blog

    ReplyDelete